Recently Visited URLs and Cookies cleared at startup

hage

I reformatted my PC a while ago, but since then, my IE7 have been giving me problems. Whenever I reboot my computer, my list of Recently Visited URLs, History folder and cookies would all cease to exist. My Internet Options don't suggest it could be the cause of this problem, and none of my programmes seem to be responsible. This is a really sticky problem, since I reboot my computer often and end up having to reenter my passwords, URLs and more.

I would really appreciate some help with this situation, thanks!

• Moderators

Hi hage, and welcome to the forum.

It might be worth looking in Tools > Internet Options > General > Browsing History > Settings, I'm not sure if that's where you say you've checked.

I don't know what IE7's default settings are, but it may be set to clear all these when you close it down. Apologies if that's where you have checked.

Firstly, thanks for the help.

I do not have CCleaner set to run whenever my computer starts up. I suspected that initially, but no, I do not have the option checked.

I've checked there, and my options are set to keep my list of History for 30 days. It's also set to check for new version of webpages whenever I visit the webpage.

Any other ideas what could be wrong?

If you haven't already done so, you could try Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset Internet Explorer Settings.

It means you'll have to redo all your customizations but it does give you a truly clean starting point. If you have add-ons, they are not removed, just disabled and can be enabled using Manage Add-ons.