Do CCleaner remove everything I dont need in registry?

Selters

Hi

I have used CCleaner for a long time and is very pleased with it.

I cleaned registry today, and after that I ran a program called RegSeeker.exe (was in a forum where it was recomended to use) and that program found 1165 errors still in the registry.

Can anyone tell me why it is so huge difference between CCleaner and RegSeeker (I have used other programs aswell and get the same result (RegCure, SpeedUpMyPc, .....))?

Because CCleaner only finds entries that are SAFE to remove. Regseeker WILL find entries that are not completely safe to remove. I use, and only trust, Reg Mechanic and CCleaner but even after running both Reg Seeker still finds around 200 entries (with about 150 exclusions so nearer 400 in total), 99% of which I have no intention of ever touching.

Don't ever clean everything another reg cleaner finds, and don't delete anything with them unless you know what you are doing (or enjoy reformatting ;) ). I have yet to find a free reg cleaner that is thorough but safe, and I've tried many. I was lucky enough to get hold of a free version of Reg Mechanic and this does fit into the thorough but safe category but is not free usually and still requires careful use.

Because CCleaner only finds entries that are SAFE to remove. I use, and only trust, Reg Mechanic and CCleaner

Have you by chance had any experience with Advance System Optimizer?