Thinstall

Humpty

Decided to try out FF portable after reading up on "Thinstall" and portable apps.

Installed all my addons and imported bookmarks then when I had it the way I wanted I copied and pasted the whole folder to another partition then deleted the original and uninstalled the resident FF installation.

Rebooted and copied/pasted the FF portable folder back to C drive everything worked just fine with nothing missing at all.

Needed to go into the options and adjust the cache size as it is set at 0 (zero) as default and tweak a couple of others.

If anything goes wrong just delete the FF portable folder and copy and paste another.Too easy!

Thinstall:(Standalone)

Thinstall virtually eliminates QA testing against multiple platforms and other applications. So software companies, consultants, and independent developers can realize immediate benefits including a faster time to market, reach a larger market - including corporate IT desktops - and ensure a flawless end user experience:

Eliminate all installation conflicts. Thinstall, all registry keys, DLLs, code frameworks such as .NET or Java, and third party libraries are packaged into a single, compressed EXE. Other applications, Windows upgrades, registry key deletions, or OS corruptions will not effect an Thinstall packaged application.

Thinstall