Confused about Cookies

Musical

Hi, Im finding dealing with which cookies to keep fopr site that u log into, quite confusing.

Ive seen a thread just down a bit relating to this where you have to log in to sites but I thought I would post my own thread.

Now some sites you go to only give you one cookie as I understand it. But others will drop like 4 or so cookies on you. Sometimes you dont know which ones are relative to who, until you have to go back and log in again :angry: So you set up a site by site thing checking one by one which cookies are relative to who, then going into options, deleteing all the files and start again for each indiviual site you go to.

Please help! Surely there is a better way than this :blink:

Comments most welcome.

Musical.

David_L, thanks for your response .... :)

Yes I know about 3rd party cookies, and thanks for the link which gives the heads up about in Mozilla 2.0, and it being harder than 1.5 to block 3rd Party cookies. I've not long installed it and why do they change a good thing??? :blink:

Anywayz, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, or maybe its only in relation to one or a very few particular sites. For example when I go to log into my web based email, I have founfd I have to add 4 cookies to keep, in CCleaner, to do with MSN and if I dont have them all, the login details wont "stick".... :angry:

So I guess the question to ask... is it typical that you would only get 1 cookie per website or is MSN just being a HAAAAAAWG ?

Cheers,

Musical.

• Moderators

Don't know if this is any help Musical, but for whatever reason, MSN is the only place where I have to log in manually each time.

Can't even get FF to remember details.

If I'm missing something, one of the guys will no doubt put us both right.

:)

Don't know if this is any help Musical, but for whatever reason, MSN is the only place where I have to log in manually each time.

Can't even get FF to remember details.

If I'm missing something, one of the guys will no doubt put us both right.

:)

Some sites put just one cookie on your system others , like my bank put five or so. I just save all of them if I visit the site often.

Dennis,

... no there must be something wrong there... I can get both FF and IE to remember my login....

You haven't got CCleaner set to clean everything on boot up or something similar, (like another proggy like Spybot S&D doing that) have you? I can definitely get my login to "stick" but I was just griping about the fact that I had to try each additional cookie (what I thought might belong to MSN ) and flush out everything then add it and try again. Now that I've "discovered" what the cookies are, the login is fine.... and you have to make sure the cookies are set to be remembered .... let us know how you get on...

farbuncle,

... thanks for that, which confirms what I thought. Not that MSN ins't still a HAAAAWG :lol: Its just annoying when a cookies name doesn't give you much clue and u have to guess....

Cheers, :)

Musical