McCartney on Napster

rridgely

• Moderators

Apparently Paul McCartney has finally allowed his catalog of solo stuff to be released on Napster. It can all be listened to free of charge as well.

The big deal about this to me is that they put up an "unplugged" performance I've never seen before and it is amazing!

http://free.napster.com/view/album/index.html?id=12501186

The first song I listened to was Blackbird and that was enough for me to hand over $10 for the whole thing. :lol: (even though I already have all of his cds)

If you have never heard any of these songs this is your chance.

If I was stranded on an island and I could take one artists complete catalog of music with me and thats all I would ever hear untill the day I die it would be McCartney's (including the beatles).

• Moderators

My son was at Paul McCartneys "Home Coming" concert in Liverpool. First time he'd seen him, and he wasn't what you could call a big fan.

He was completely blown away. Now a big fan.

Edit: I can only get 30 sec samples on that link. Full tracks available in the USA only. Unless I subscribe to Napster UK, where I can hear full tracks.

• Moderators

I've never been lucky enough to get to see him live. :(

Maybe if he tours in the US for his upcoming album I'll get to see him. B)

There are very few people with the kind of talent that he has though. It just amazes me that on a lot of his albums he plays every instrument and writes every single word. There aren't very many people who can do that.

Edit:

I guess it can look at your IP address. I don't know why they would only let US citizens hear the full song though..

I used to have to log in to hear the songs and the account was free. Maybe you can do that?

• Moderators

I'll have a look at it, although I'm not bothered about subscribing to Napster UK.

Although, my son gets back to the UK tomorrow, and I'll casually mention this unplugged stuff. He's bound to buy it. :)