IE history doesn't delete in Win Vista Ultimate

bankrboy30

CCleaner isn't deleting my browser history. I have to go into IE and delete it manually. Used to worked perfectly in XP. Is this a known issue? I really don't feel like getting a divorce, so clearing my browser history is kind of important to me. Any suggestions?

--J

CCleaner isn't deleting my browser history. I have to go into IE and delete it manually. Used to worked perfectly in XP. Is this a known issue? I really don't feel like getting a divorce, so clearing my browser history is kind of important to me. Any suggestions?

--J

I don't think this is a known issue because i have vista and CCleaner cleans all the browser's histories. I had CCleaner version 1.39 though, may be it help if you close all your browsers before cleaning it -) . If that still not help then maybe you should go to filehippo.com and download ccleaner1.39 -which i don't think is the problem cause v1.40 suppose to be better then 1.39, something must of block CCleaner from ccleaning your browser's history.

I know its bizzare. I've tried it with IE closed...still doesn't work. I know this is sort of unrelated, but when I installed VISTA is did a clean install, not an update and the very next thing I did was install my AVG, however the firewall component didn't install and I instead rely on the Windows firewall, which I feel I have no control over and would much rather be using the one in AVG, but I'm not sure how to address this either. :(