recuva stopping

darche

Guest MrRon

Can you run run Recuva in debug mode (recuva.exe /debug) and post the error log here please.

Thanks!

MrRon

Here's my error log again, as I've been having the same problem.

Not much of use in it though, as I'm forced to click cancel to get access to the system again,

It doesn't seem write an error to the log.

I've just run a check of my hard drive with the freeware app "HD Tune" http://www.hdtune.com/ and the drive appears to be going bad, you may want others to run the test on their machines as well, as this could be a related cause to the problem.

I've twice now had to run a chkdsk to make one of our partitions work as windows refuses to open the drive, so we will have to replace this drive soon.

Hope this sheds some light on the problem.

--------------------Debug Report--------------------

Recuva v069

===========

System Info: MS Windows XP SP2, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz, 767MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000

[10:56:15]

=== Debug Mode====

--------------EDIT--------------

Ok, I just ran a chkdsk on my C drive (the one with that stops scanning at 81%) and Recuva now ran right through and found 30206 (1108 ignored) files recoverable.

The chkdsk did find various errors on the disk, so I advise anyone with this problem to run this command.

Click: Start / Run

Type: chkdsk C: /F /R

When prompted press: Y then press Enter

It will require you to restart to run the check as it is your main system partition/drive so restart, let the scan run through, then try recuva again.

Edited by fireryone

fireryone

Guest MrRon

This looks interesting. Please make a note of any errors that chkdk finds and fixes as this will help us capture these in Recuva.

MrRon

:)