I have been using Ccleaner for many years. Recently I noticed CCleaner always opening two processes in my task manager.
I have version 5.52.6967. In the settings I have unchecked the following options below:
- Enable automatic browser cleaning
- Enable Smart Cleaning
- Run Ccleaner when computer starts
- Apply these updates automatically
- Show me notifications for these updates
--> Perform these updates manually
- Help me improve CCleaner by sending anonymous usage data
In my task manager I do not have CCleaner enabled at system startup.
Why does CCleaner keep opening two .exe processes? I no longer trust CCleaner given the numerous online articles mentioning "Avast" in conjunction with sneaky background operation.
I hope others read this and give input.