Check/uncheck all in Cleaner

karstad33

In the Cleaner area for selecting what you want to analyze or clean, there should be a button to check/uncheck all the choices.

Also, I just realized now that you could click on the icon of a category to check/uncheck all in that category, there should be a category checkbox to make it more obvious.

Also, I just realized now that you could click on the icon of a category to check/uncheck all in that category, there should be a category checkbox to make it more obvious.

why add an extra control(s) when it's already there?

No fate but what we make

I would suggest that you check everything in there except, Start Menu shortcuts, Desktop Shortcuts, and Wipe Free Space.

However, checking the User Assist History clears the list of recently opened programs on the Start Menu but if you don't care about that, better have that checked as well.

Also, in the Application tabs, you should uncheck everything under Mozilla Firefox if that browser is currently opened. If you want to clear Mozilla's browsing history, better check all the boxes under Mozilla Firefox but you have to do this once you want to end your session at the end of the day.

Wipe free space will make it much longer for the cleaning process to complete, depending on the size of the hard drive but momentarily, I suggest you use this feature and uncheck it again once you are done.

When you check the cleaning categories there under Advanced, you get a warning of what could happen so you better read them and make your own choices on what to do.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

lol Ishi, i think you might of miss understood him/her they want a checkbox at the top of each list

1zc1pmu.jpg

"better check all the boxes under Mozilla Firefox but you have to do this once you want to end your session at the end of the day."

And if they wanted to keep saved passwords they would be screwed. Also no one has confirmed this to me yet, but i believe compact data base is to do with urlclassifier3.sqlite

Deleting this every time is pointles according to FF.

No fate but what we make

lol Ishi, i think you might of miss understood him/her they want a checkbox at the top of each list

1zc1pmu.jpg

"better check all the boxes under Mozilla Firefox but you have to do this once you want to end your session at the end of the day."

And if they wanted to keep saved passwords they would be screwed. Also no one has confirmed this to me yet, but i believe compact data base is to do with urlclassifier3.sqlite

Deleting this every time is pointles according to FF.

Its better when you delete saved passwords so when someone else uses the PC and the same browser, they won't get the passwords. The compact database option just came a few versions ago. I don't know what its for really.

LOL yeah, maybe I missed :lol:

Sorry.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• 2 weeks later...

I too agree with karstad33. There should be a check all/uncheck all icon, like different email services have to select/de-select all messages at once. Many softwares also have this. It will definitely make CCleaner more intuitive and easy to use. I just got to know that by clicking IE/FF icon etc, one can get the same result, only after reading this topic thread. This sounds stupid but I have been using CCleaner for over 3 years and never came across this feature till just now!

When ever you use a new application you are advised to read it's documentation. If you have been using CCleaner for 3 years and only just come across this. Then sorry it is your own fault for not reading up on CCleaner first.

You can quickly select or clear all sub-items for an item heading. For example, if you right-click the Internet Explorer heading, you have the option to Check All, Uncheck All, or Restore Default State.

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/using-cc...leaning-your-pc

I personally hope this never happens.

No fate but what we make