Wildcard selections

jackson2

Why after all this time do you refuse to add simple file deleting wildcard ability?

Add file: c:\directory\stuff\*.xml

All files that end with .xml would be deleted in the folder \stuff

Do you know what I mean?

So simple. I have to use a simple bat file to do this now.

Thanks,

Jackson

• Moderators

Ah but you can. Add your directory as usual, so that c:\directory\stuff\*.* is in the Include list. Right click on the folder name you've added and select Manual Edit. Edit the extension to c:\directory\stuff\*.xml and save. Go to Cleaner and right click on Custom Files and Folders, and select Analyse. See what's listed, and if it's what you want.

Test this first. I give no guarantees.

• 1 month later...
Ah but you can. Add your directory as usual, so that c:\directory\stuff\*.* is in the Include list. Right click on the folder name you've added and select Manual Edit. Edit the extension to c:\directory\stuff\*.xml and save. Go to Cleaner and right click on Custom Files and Folders, and select Analyse. See what's listed, and if it's what you want.

Test this first. I give no guarantees.

Thank you, thank you, thank you SIR!!! Never knew this "manual edit" existed. Been using CCleaner for quite a while. This is GREAT! :P:P:P

Thank you, thank you, thank you SIR!!! Never knew this "manual edit" existed. Been using CCleaner for quite a while. This is GREAT! :P:P:P

OK. I tested it but it did not include any subdirectories beneath the one specified. Is there a wildcard specification for this? <_<