I can't delete!

daniel126

I'm a beginner of CCleaner and computer. After I applied CCleaner I found the stored informations in "drop of the website address line" were still there. I don't know the name of the lacation but it is the place I usually write the website address I want to visit. When I write "c" for example there I will get all the places I visited in the drop. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you very much! :rolleyes:

• Moderators
After I applied CCleaner I found the stored informations in "drop of the website address line" were still there.

Hi daniel126, and welcome to the forum.

I think you are referring to the Address Bar, and I assume you are using Internet Explorer.

First of all, make sure "Recently Typed URLs" is checked in CCleaner Settings > Internet Explorer.

Secondly, close Internet Explorer before running CCleaner.

CCleaner will not clear Explorers "recently typed URLs" in the Address Bar if you don`t close it first.

That should solve your problem.

Hi daniel126, and welcome to the forum.

I think you are referring to the Address Bar, and I assume you are using Internet Explorer.

First of all, make sure "Recently Typed URLs" is checked in CCleaner Settings > Internet Explorer.

Secondly, close Internet Explorer before running CCleaner.

CCleaner will not clear Explorers "recently typed URLs" in the Address Bar if you don`t close it first.

That should solve your problem.

This is Daniel126 again. Thank you for your information, DennisD. But it did not work unfortunately. When I write in letter "a" in the address bar I get amazon.com, accuweather.com, and things like that which begins with "a" in the "drop" and when I put "c" I get

cnn.com, cheaptickets.com thins like that. I can't erase them with CCleaner. :(

I'm a beginner of CCleaner and computer. After I applied CCleaner I found the stored informations in "drop of the website address line" were still there. I don't know the name of the lacation but it is the place I usually write the website address I want to visit. When I write "c" for example there I will get all the places I visited in the drop. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you very much! :rolleyes:

There is an option in Internet Explorer that will clear them out - try the Delete Option of the General tab from the Tools - Internet Options menu