multiple user accounts

snowy67

I would like to know if ccleaner can be setup to do extra duties.

IE delete windows prefetch folder contents as well.

I often play with friends computers as well and would find this tool so handy if I could go into the main adminastrator account and run it for all users regardless if they have passwords or not this would make my tasks a lot easier.

Thanks

Snowy67

I would like to know if ccleaner can be setup to do extra duties.

IE delete windows prefetch folder contents as well.

I often play with friends computers as well and would find this tool so handy if I could go into the main adminastrator account and run it for all users regardless if they have passwords or not this would make my tasks a lot easier.

Thanks

Snowy67

You could add Prefetch folder to optional folders to delete section??

You could add Prefetch folder to optional folders to delete section??

Thanks David I tried this even before I put up the post and to no avail, I still went in and deleted this manually. but I found ccleaner really quick on uninstalling that cursed yahoo bar that installed with the program while some use it I google instead. I am sick of companies that auto install software that they think you need/ want. Google are about to get a wrap for this as well.

Any new Ideas from anyone ? Oh and by the way I have been repairing computers on and off for 18 years so if I can't add a folder well enough said

Thanks David I tried this even before I put up the post and to no avail, I still went in and deleted this manually. but I found ccleaner really quick on uninstalling that cursed yahoo bar that installed with the program while some use it I google instead. I am sick of companies that auto install software that they think you need/ want. Google are about to get a wrap for this as well.

Any new Ideas from anyone ? Oh and by the way I have been repairing computers on and off for 18 years so if I can't add a folder well enough said

No problem adding Windows Prefetch to Custom Folders. See screenshot.post-2754-1167880796_thumb.jpg

EDIT: ... but why would you want to?

Also, if you don't want the Yahoo Toolbar, just install the Basic or Slim versions.

post-2754-1167880796_thumb.jpg

No problem adding Windows Prefetch to Custom Folders. See screenshot.post-2754-1167880796_thumb.jpg

EDIT: ... but why would you want to?

Also, if you don't want the Yahoo Toolbar, just install the Basic or Slim versions.

Thanks Glen will have a play with it again. Any suggestions on the multiple user query I had ?

Deleting the prefetch folder contents helps speed up your slowing aging pc. if left full your pc will slowly slow to a halt even if you clean the rest of the crap out.

I downloaded ccleaner from the site but never had the option for basic or slim version otherwise trust me I would have not put yahoo on my system.

Thanks Glen will have a play with it again. Any suggestions on the multiple user query I had ?

Sorry, never tried.

Deleting the prefetch folder contents helps speed up your slowing aging pc. if left full your pc will slowly slow to a halt even if you clean the rest of the crap out.
Except where something is wrong with the OS, this is a myth. It never becomes very big. When the Prefetch folder accumulates 128 entries, it deletes the oldest and retains only the newest 64. (That's why the "Old Prefetch data" option in CCleaner is actually redundant.) If you really don't want Prefetch, it's a simple hack to disable it in the registry.

I downloaded ccleaner from the site but never had the option for basic or slim version otherwise trust me I would have not put yahoo on my system.
Other builds

When you install, one of the screens present various tick boxes - desktop shortcut etc etc, bottom one is Yahoo - untick it and you're fine. I agree - I hate it when they sneak things in as extras - IMHO, the box should be unticked as standard and need user to tick it during install if want Yahoo - but then I suppose they wouldn't make any money from Yahoo??