Do I call in home help? Please reply fast!

slowday444

I'd uninstalled OpenOffice months ago, however, every time I do some sort of malware scan I see OO files are still there. So I'm boared the night before last and use Unlocker to delete them even though I'm warned that deleting them may harm other applications. Well, since I booted up last evening I'm unable to access my broadband service. This is not a service provider problem, I know I did it! The stupdist thing I've done though is keeping my XP restore to like 1 or 2 % so there was only the restore after I'd unlocked the files for deletion! I'm an idiot (at work by the way) and would appreciate your help, thank you!

TheFiresInTheSky

i think this is a simple problem which could be fixed on your own but im not entirely sure.

you can try going to start>run>sfc /scannow

it may ask you for your XP disc and you just insert that.

after its done, restart your PC.

if that doesnt solve it, create a new user account and see if that works.

let us know how that goes :D

• Moderators

Don't forget DJLizard's Dial-a-fix!

Also the DLL Cache "sfc /scannow" should be purged either on your own "sfc /purgecache" or through Dial-a-fix before using /scannow because the files already in the DLL Cache folder could be corrupted.

Well, I bailed, saved my docs, bookmarks, etc. and reinstalled XP. Have caught up on all the Hot Fixes, etc. Time to start collecting freeware again!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.