Recommended action after security notification?

dram2108

So far I've seen lots of technical information about the backdoor trojan security breach in 5.33 but virtually no advice on what action I should take, other than update to 5.34 (which I have done).

I don't really want to revert to a pre-August system backup unless I have to, so what are the risks?

A scan with Malwarebytes seemed to indicate 'petya' in the cc533 setup file - I believe that is ransomware, so was that the objective? Or have all my financial login data etc. been collected and distributed so I need to change all my passwords?

Please, Piriform, give us a clear account of the risks we now face (if any) and some practical advice on limiting the damage.

how will I know if any of my account information credit cards , passwords etc I recently reinstalled windows 10 and installed the current version of ccleaner so i'm good there but I was running the previous version and having problems with malware malwarebytes and avast could not remove the malware my search engine changed and I could not get it to return to google so I wiped and reinstalled has any of my information been compromised ?????? 

So far I've seen lots of technical information about the backdoor trojan security breach in 5.33 but virtually no advice on what action I should take, other than update to 5.34 (which I have done).

I don't really want to revert to a pre-August system backup unless I have to, so what are the risks?

A scan with Malwarebytes seemed to indicate 'petya' in the cc533 setup file - I believe that is ransomware, so was that the objective? Or have all my financial login data etc. been collected and distributed so I need to change all my passwords?

Please, Piriform, give us a clear account of the risks we now face (if any) and some practical advice on limiting the damage

Under the circumstances you would think Piriform would be bending over backwards to help users with questions like these.