Recuva Pro Scan non deleted files recovery from damage external drive cannot view photos

wataugakayak

I have an external 5T hard drive that is less than 1 year old the device will not come up on my PC.   but Sometimes if i refresh or restart computer the drive will appear.  I used recuva and selected scan for non deleted files for recovery of damage disk and checked restore folder structure.   After about an hour the files came up with a green dot showing all the file names and folders all said not deleted and no overwritten clusters detected.   When i checked recovery to another hard drive 8T it said files too long so i said no and skipped those later when it finished i pulled up on the 8T and it showed all the files i wanted but when i clicked to view said could not open.    Can someone please tell me what i can do -  not very good on computers sorry but learning fast.   ps forgot first i ran a find deleted and lost files found several but could not view said RAW .    wk thank you

thank you, It shows up as RAW , and yes i have tried other computers and it does the same thing. when i did the last scan it showed around 4,654 gb recovered. Today when i tried to see it it has pulled back up in my disk management it showed the drive letter but when i clicked on it it looked like it was trying to open but a message said time ran out. i have the recuva files on the screen but i don't know what to do now.  tried to recover again, but nothing has happen. any suggestions 

The odds are, the drive is starting to fail, possible with weak heads and/or bad sectors in the file table, preventing the full file structure to load. If the data is of value, your best option is to seek the assistance of data recovery professionals. I think data recovery software can not help you in this situation, friend. Or try another software. Pandora Recovery, for example https://www.pandorarecovery.com/