Recovered images found but recovered as "file"

ml150891

Hello

New to this forum and not very good with these things.

I'm trying to recover my mother in law SD memory card which has files that were deleted to the LOST.DIR folder. I'm using the Recuva free edition and the software was able to find the deleted files, but in a "file" format. Not sure whats happened.

I have tried different software's today to recover these images and i can see the actual photos in the preview section. But nothing on Recuva.

also most of the files are over 32kb as i was reading any images at 0kb are buggered  :(

I recovered these files onto my PC hoping it would just fixed its self, but it hasn't.

What could of possibly gone wrong?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, as there is hundreds of our children and of our wedding we really need.   :(

Thanks!

• Moderators

Hi ml, and welcome to the forum.

Is this to do with an Android phone? Probably yes, and that folder usually appears if something untoward has happened, such as pulling a card while it's still being written to, or the phone has frozen at a bad moment.

If something untoward happens Android creates that folder with the purpose of the user being able to rescue otherwise lost files. The negative part is it does so by giving the files it contains random names (and /or numbers?) and apparently without a file extension.

I'm puzzled when you say you deleted the files to that folder.

Anyways, try taking one of your recovered image files and add a .jpg extension to it. You could copy it first if you want although a file without an ext isn't much good. You say all your files are image files, so if that works you could batch change all of them.

Hope that helps, and let us know how you get on.

post-8751-0-87010000-1481591792.gif