Wipe just some files and their names from MFT of formatted disk

tylerdurden83

Dear friends,

I have the following predicament, I have an already formatted external hard disk, and I have to permanently erase only some flles.

This means that if someone else, at a later point in time, runs a software like Recuva, he's expected to find a lot of files that were there before the format was performed, just not a handful that I must remove.

What I did was to run a deep scan in Recuva, and then securely overwrite them. After some digging I realized that this might not be enough though, as those file names might still appear in the MFT, therefore I must remove their names from there too.

I did some more digging, and saw that CCLeaner has an option to securely wipe the empty MFT space. Empty here should refer to the names of the files that have been deleted and are no more. 

My issue here is that everything has been already deleted since the disk was provided formatted, therefore I'm scared that running CCCleaner and clear the MFT empty space will completely wipe the disk and render unrecoverable to future attemps all files on the disk, not just the handful that I must vanish.

Did I get it right about the CCleaner functionality? If i did get it right, how can i selectively make just a handful of names disappear from the MFT?

Thank you everyone,

TD