Recovering deleted photos from ipod touch a1288

Malbabo

Hello,

my girlfriend accidentally deleted over 3000 photographs from an old ipod touch (second generation, model a1288), with itunes auto-sync. Ive been reading a lot about this old model and read that i might have to switch it to disk mode, in order for windows to see it, on the file explorer. Havent done anything yet because i dont want to risk losing the possibility of recovering the photos (i would never see the end of it lol).

So my question is: will Recuva be able to recover the photos, if i switch the ipod touch to disk mode? Notice its an old model.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time.

• Moderators

as you know, Recuva won't even see the iPod as a drive unless the iPod is in disk mode.

so that has to be done before you can even contemplate moving forward.

that process, in itself, won't degrade your recovery chances.

as to Recuva than having any success on the iPod, with its file system, storage medium, access method - who knows.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Mta, thank you for your reply. I have read that, about disk mode, but also read it will reset the ipod, so thought id ask :D

Was hoping for an official confirmation, if Recuva works with the ipod touch model a1288, before i even mention this method to her. Its a second generation ipod touch... maybe someone has any experience with them. 

• Moderators

doubtful you'll get any official confirmation from the Piriform Dev team on this forum, it's just not something they tend to do, often, or at all.

maybe Apple would be a better bet or even raising a support ticket with Piriform.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.