I can see proper file structure in R Wizard but not Win Explorer

24Peter

I had a 2 year old lightly used Seagate 2TB desktop drive go on me today. I got a Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSOD while editing a photo in Photoshop. Wasn't able to reboot successfully after that. Pulled the drive and put it in an external enclosure in the hopes of manually pulling some photos and other files onto a fresh drive via my laptop. In Windows Explorer, the folder I want is labeled "Pictures" (instead of "My Pictures" as it was before the crash) but more importantly it says I need permission to access the folder (never did before) and when I click on the Administrator-iconed "Continue" it just spins and never opens the folder. (I did try to run CheckDisk several times but that didn't help - 1/2 the time it couldn't complete the scan.)

However, when I run Recuva via the Wizard, when browsing to the File Location I want it to scan, I can see the "My Pictures" and it looks like all of its contents/file structure is intact. For some reason Windows Explorer can't see it but the Recuva Wizard can. So I have been slowly and painstakingly dragging and dropping folders in the Browse for Folder window of the File Location tab of the Recuva Wizard from the bad disc to the new one. Problem is, there are a bunch of files in the "My Pictures" top level directory not contained in a subfolder/directory that I need to get and I can't see individual files (only folders) in the File Location/Browse of the Recuva Wizard. Any ideas on how to get to those?