retrieve pst files

cameramandd

I have been trying to retrieve my deleted PST files, when runing the program it gets to 43% and stops in stage 1 and the amount of time just keeps getting larger. Anyone tell me how to get it to complete? So I can find and retrieve lost PST files very important. It starts out at 2 hours now at 7 hours and still at 43% Now it it says 19 hours

1716435 files to recover that got got deleted total, but only need about 20 of them total in the deleted files. There is no way to pick and choose at this time. the program is try to get every email that was deleted on this hard drive. If I could just go though and give it an address to look for it would be much smaller maybe a total of 100. Now it is up to a full day plus

I have not deleted any PST files at all trying to retieve them. The files when completely removed was only three days old the recent ones which is what I need. They are outlook PST files only. When trying to retrieve it is going after every type of file possible not just outlook PST and it is going back to when I got the computer 5 years ago. Would like to be able to just go back to Feburary of this year.

Thank You

David

• Moderators

how many PST files are we talking about?

any ideas how big each one was?

were they deleted (and hence trying to be recovered) from the same drive you are currently running the OS on?

how long have you let Recuva run for in trying to recover the file?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

ummm, that doesn't actually help much....

• Moderators

the more info you give and the more questions you answer, the better myself and other forum members may help you.

so, 1 PST file hey?.

which one; OUTLOOK.PST or ARCHIVE.PST ?

if the archive.pst file has been untouched, how old is it? is it a contender to get you out of trouble if outlook.pst is not recoverable?

i assume you have no backups of the PST file in question?

if the lost file is on the same drive you are still using, and the file is big (and almost all PST files tend to be huge) then you are probably already well into the twilight zone of overwriting the very thing you are trying to recover.

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Outlook 2010 and above, by default, puts the PST files into your Documents\Outlook Files folder.

Outlook 2007 and earlier puts it in \AppData\Microsoft\Outlook\ folder.

Having the Pro version of Recuva will give you no better recovery options/chances, but does give you priority access to direct support from Piriform.

You didn't install Recuva onto the same drive as the deleted PST is/was on did you?