Defraggler v2.0 Very Slow Defrag FAT32

Rob Defraggle

Anybody else noticed very slow defrag with v2.0 on FAT32?

I have "move large file" option enabled, and whilst I have seen issues at times with large files on v1, actually causing a moved file to be fragmented, it seems like v2.0 is moving such files in some highly ineffiecient manner causing an issue which later versions of V1 weren't triggering. A 29.3 GB FAT32 filesystem with 11.6 GB used, can take more than hour to defrag with v2.0 now, where it would usually be a few minutes. The partition resided on same disk as NTFS filesystems which are defragging at normal speed. A freespace degrag appears normal, and copying the files off to 2nd disk and back, results in very speedy transfers.

There was basically nothing to do, but shift some large video files, and try to defrag one with it's folder splitting it apparently.

Seems like I just might have been unlucky after giving 2.0 a try, the reinstall of 1.21 shows similar issues now with some large files being stubborn, though the 1.21 runs weren't taking as long as the first few 2.0 trials. Obviously as each defrag alters the disk state, it's hard to make an objective comparison.