Firefox session turned on by default on upgrade

This stupid ass programs needs to be able to read the old settings when you upgrade CCleaner!!!! Every dam time I upgrade the program it checks the Firefox Sessions box without looking to keep my old settings. I am a Network Administrator and this pisses me off to no end. I usually have anywhere from 40 to 50 tabs open in Firefox. Then I upgrade CCleaner and it checks the Firefox Session box without warning and I lose all my tabs. Weeks of work down the drain!!! This sounds more and more like something Microsoft would do. Somebody needs to fix this problem and NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can no longer recommend this product to anyone again until this issue is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

I'm just gonna give that a try, and in the meantime, do you upgrade by installing over the previous version, and do you use the "Save all settings to INI file" option in "Options\Advanced"?

Welcome to the forum by the way.

• Moderators

I've just reinstalled the latest version of CCleaner straight over the already installed version.

First using the "Save settings to INI file" option, and then without that setting, saving to the registry, and on each occasion the Firefox "Sessions" box wasn't changed from the unchecked state.

This is with Windows XP, and I've never had an issue with any settings being changed after a new install. This isn't suggesting you don't have a problem, merely trying to narrow down what the cause can be.

Which Operating System or Systems do you use?