parameter problem

johnd37

• 1 month later...

have a problem when trying to recover deleted pics/video from sd card,

Recuva finds them no problem, all excellent rated but when recovering get

an error message that 'the parameter is incorrect', what does this mean and

how can i solve it?

I installed and used 'Recuva' for the first time today to try getting back an accidentally "deleted" digi-cam. 'SD' card (2GB 'SanDisk' that had 456 wanted photos). Unlike you, I didn't get as far as being able to hit 'Recover' before I got the 'Parameter Incorrect' alert which stopped me in my tracks.

My story's a bit complicated but please bear with me, it might help. Its short version is: try a computer-reboot or three and use your camera, not an 'SD' card-slot, as your "external drive".

Longer version: I looked at the 'Recuva Forum' and saw a couple of posts recommending stuff that looked complicated, but some also suggesting a plain simple ole computer reboot, to get over the 'Parameter Incorrect' issue with newly-installed 'Recuva'. I also realised that using my computer's dedicated 'SD' card-slot mightn't have been a good idea (the computer's user-manual said the reader would deal with cards no bigger than 128MB!). Before I stopped trying with the card-slot, I did 2 reboots and after each, upon using 'Recuva', I got a "freeze" (had to "crash" the computer to get out). I panicked, thinking "holy s*@t, what've I got myself into here?". It's at this point I put the 'SD' card in the camera, connected to the computer via 'USB', and rebooted .... fantastic, 'Recuva' worked like a charm! Got back 445 of 456 photos, even those that 'Recuva/XP' were saying were "poor" or "very poor" quality came up trumps!

Hope that helps.

I'm happy, off now to send 'Piriform' a donation.