Taskbar Jump Lists

TPJL

I have IE8 pinned to the Taskbar on my Windows 7 64bit machine. I want CCleaner to clear the Jump Lists on the taskbar (specifically Internet Explorer history), but leave the Office document history jump lists alone on the Start Menu. Despite deselecting everything else that might remove the Office jumplists from the Start Menu, CCleaner still removes the links when I select to remove the Tasbar jump lists. If I deselect the Taskbar Jump Lists, the IE8 history remains, despite ticking all the "clear IE history" settings. I find this behaviour very illogical! I can only assume it's a bug.

Ideally, I would want all IE history removed, including IE links in the Taskbar jump lists (I would imagine that any user who wants to clear their internet history does not want to leave traces behind in the Taskbar). I could then leave the "Taskbar Jump Lists" option unchecked, preserving my other (Explorer/MS Office) jumplist links.

• Moderators

Hi TPJL, and welcome to the forum.

I think your topic may be better served in the CCleaner "Bug Reporting" section, so I'll move it across to there.

Not having Win7, I can't give you anything constructive, but the devs will read this.

Hi TPJL, and welcome to the forum.

I think your topic may be better served in the CCleaner "Bug Reporting" section, so I'll move it across to there.

Not having Win7, I can't give you anything constructive, but the devs will read this.

Thanks. I thought I HAD put it in the Bug Reporting section, but it had been a long day...