Cookies

I noticed the other day that Zedo.com, a pop-up site, moved itself from my COOKIES TO DELETE column to the COOKIES TO KEEP column, all by itself. I have had to move Zedo.com back over to the delete column 3 times now in the past two days. Evidently Zedo has found a way to circumvent CCleaner.

Deane

I noticed the other day that Zedo.com, a pop-up site, moved itself from my COOKIES TO DELETE column to the COOKIES TO KEEP column, all by itself. I have had to move Zedo.com back over to the delete column 3 times now in the past two days. Evidently Zedo has found a way to circumvent CCleaner.

Deane

Zedo has no abilty to even touch ccleaner. It's a text file. Nothing more.

Other then that i cant personally comment on the cookie issue as im lost to how it is moving.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Hi Deane, and welcome to the forum.

I've never heard of that trick before, but that Zedo definitely appears to be Spyware, although how serious a threat it is I don't really know as there are differing opinions about it on the web.

To be safe, I would follow as much of the advice that you can in this thread, and then post the logs for our Spyware Moderator to check out.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20120