Secure overwrite does not work

jounokur

I only use recuva to see how much data is still on my disk so i can wipe my free space, but i just realized that it has a secure overwrite(checked,highlighted)feature and i wanted to use it but it doesn't work. It keeps telling me "overwritten files" 0 (with however long it took) every time. I would really like this to get fixed so i dont have to keep wiping free space which is risky( i already had to call dell support because of ccleaner's wipe free space messed something up with the boot up) Can anyone give me suggestions on something else in the meantime for me to wipe already deleted files.(not eraser or file shredder cause they dont see already deleted files)

I only use recuva to see how much data is still on my disk so i can wipe my free space, but i just realized that it has a secure overwrite(checked,highlighted)feature and i wanted to use it but it doesn't work. It keeps telling me "overwritten files" 0 (with however long it took) every time. I would really like this to get fixed so i dont have to keep wiping free space which is risky( i already had to call dell support because of ccleaner's wipe free space messed something up with the boot up) Can anyone give me suggestions on something else in the meantime for me to wipe already deleted files.(not eraser or file shredder cause they dont see already deleted files)

The secure overwrite does not work in recuva. Anyone have a reason why? i would like to securely overwrite all the deleted data for security purposes.