the registry

dbarajas

hello , when i remove a program from my pc and then run the registry scan , there's about 40 lines that say invalid default icon, obsolete

icon , Open with Application Issue , ect. do i delete them ? AND HOW ? I would think that you do not fix them because i no longer have the program. can anyone help me on this. i would appreciate it.... don barajas

I always run the registry scan after uninstalling an app. You say you dont think you need to fix them because the application has been removed, but that is why they are being displayed. Because they are left over.

Just make sure you make a backup of the registry before fixing, and you should be fine. Can i also suggested downloading ERUNT, http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ it creates a registry backup at system startup.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Hi dbarajas.

In registry cleaning terms, "fix" means "delete".

Select "Fix Selected Issues", and that deletes them. Do, of course, follow the CCleaner dialogue to make a backup of the deleted entries. A safeguard against ever having an issue after deleting an entry.

In over 4 years of using CCleaner, I've never had a problem, but I still make a backup.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: You just pipped me ident.

what do i win?

No fate but what we make

Is it possible to add registry keys to the 'Include' list? Though registry keys can be added to the 'Exclude' list, the same is not true for the "Include' list (v2.30.1130)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.