Is it SAFe to clean .........

hamall9

Hi there,

Is it safe to run ....

start menu shortcuts

user assist history

iis log files

If I check these above listed items, then all that is unchecked are ...

start menu shortcuts

desktop shortcuts

old prefetch

menu order

tray not...

window size

I am after the maximum privacy I can achieve and so what else should I be doing (my setting is Gutman)

many thanks

John

It is safe to check the items listed above. If you wont maximum privacy do you browse in private browsing?

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/ccleaner-rules/windows-tab documentation for the windows tab

As for gutman, dont waste your time, 35 passes is 100% pointless, created 15 years ago. It's only purpose it serves is to stop countless users requesting it, and not losing users because of not having it.

1 pass is more then enough.

No fate but what we make

Gutman is also overkil for hard disks...soft disks, like USB sticks and memory cards yes, hard disks no...unless you are scared that they will use an electron microscope to determine what was on your drive (yes, they do this...I am a digital forensics major...but is it EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE...not really used for criminal research).

If you are that paranoid, look up jetico software and use active wiping in BCWipe. CCleaner could probably look to this to see some new options in the environment. However...wiping caches while caches are in use gives stange and essoteric results....