How can I acess an iphone?

gibatfo

Hello, Ive downloaded recuva and when I try to use it the iphone camera does not appear in "Browse". In My Computer it appears in "Portable Devices" (WIN7) or "DIGITAL CAMERA AND SCANNERS" (WINXP) but none of both appear in recuva.. I mean, only appears C:, D:, E:.

Anyone know what can I do to solve it? Thank's all.

I don't have an iPhone- but the following has worked with other digital cameras I have used, so you can try it.

Unplug your phone.

Do a Google search for shexview. Its a small utility used to enable/disable windows shell etensions- no install required, its just a small executable. Open the program and look for the 'Scanners and Cameras' shell extension. Right-click the extension and click disable.

Reboot the computer, then plug in the phone. With this extension disabled, Windows should install the device as an ordinary external usb drive. You can try using recuva on this drive.

You can then re-enable the shell extension with shexview if you want to- (I myself prefer having it disabled)

Hope this helps !

I don't have an iPhone- but the following has worked with other digital cameras I have used, so you can try it.

Unplug your phone.

Do a Google search for shexview. Its a small utility used to enable/disable windows shell etensions- no install required, its just a small executable. Open the program and look for the 'Scanners and Cameras' shell extension. Right-click the extension and click disable.

Reboot the computer, then plug in the phone. With this extension disabled, Windows should install the device as an ordinary external usb drive. You can try using recuva on this drive.

You can then re-enable the shell extension with shexview if you want to- (I myself prefer having it disabled)

Hope this helps !

Hmm I tried, however I didn't found "scanners and Cameras" in shellexview.. Do u use win7x64? Do u remember what u made before u look for this? Thanks!

Hmm I tried, however I didn't found "scanners and Cameras" in shellexview.. Do u use win7x64? Do u remember what u made before u look for this? Thanks!

I Use WinXP- SP-2. If you dont have a 'Scanners and Cameras' extension, you may want to try disableing 'Portable Devices', and 'Portable Devices Menu' (if you have these). Its possible microsoft has changed the name of the extension. I don't have win7, but maybe someone else here can identify the correct name of the extension in win7.

Good Luck.

I Use WinXP- SP-2. If you dont have a 'Scanners and Cameras' extension, you may want to try disableing 'Portable Devices', and 'Portable Devices Menu' (if you have these). Its possible microsoft has changed the name of the extension. I don't have win7, but maybe someone else here can identify the correct name of the extension in win7.

Good Luck.

Well, I tried it, diasbling portable devices and portable devices menu but it still do not works. Ill try do it again in a computer with WXP SP3.. If someone know another way to do it, fell free to help me heheh! Thank's all.

This isn't just an iPhone problem. Windows 7 seems to recognise 'Audio devices' and treats them differently. I have an MP3 Player with lost files and it shows up under computer - Audio Player. The path is given as Computer\Audio Player - though you'll not be suprised to hear that typing that into the command line (at the bottom of the start menu) nothing happens.

So the bottom line is that the devices doesn't show as a drive letter and therefore cannot be opened by Recova.

I'll carry on playing but I suspect that there is a simple fix for this somewhere