Command line question

Kythorne

• 2 weeks later...
I set Defraggler to exclude certain files and folders and set a schedule. I noticed the scheduler invokes df.exe so I was just wondering if it uses the ini file.

If you rename the INI file, try it, and rename the INI file back to its original name, you will have your answer oh so quickly!

If you rename the INI file, try it, and rename the INI file back to its original name, you will have your answer oh so quickly!

That's a little confusing. Are you proposing I should try renaming the INI file while the defrag is running, as in, the file is in use...? Or do you mean the INI will recreate itself?

• 4 weeks later...

I set Defraggler to exclude certain files and folders and set a schedule. I noticed the scheduler invokes df.exe so I was just wondering if it uses the ini file.

Which ini file are you talking about? Let me know, since it has the potential to fix an issue I am having with Defraggler.

• Moderators

Which ini file are you talking about? Let me know, since it has the potential to fix an issue I am having with Defraggler.

In Defragglers "Settings\Options" window, there is an option to "save all settings to INI file". I don't think it's checked by default, which means the settings are stored in the registry.

Check the box, and the INI file will be in Defragglers "Program Files" folder.

EDIT: This may be of some use:

http://docs.piriform.com/defraggler/advanced-usage/working-with-defragglers-ini-file

In Defragglers "Settings\Options" window, there is an option to "save all settings to INI file". I don't think it's checked by default, which means the settings are stored in the registry.

Check the box, and the INI file will be in Defragglers "Program Files" folder.

EDIT: This may be of some use:

http://docs.piriform.com/defraggler/advanced-usage/working-with-defragglers-ini-file

THANK YOU! Time to go read.