Recuva Install Question

bjm

Hello Recuva Forum

New to Recuva....long time user of CCleaner & Defraggler.

I downloaded/installed Recuva to one of my four user accounts. I have two Admin / two Standard user accounts (Vista 32bit)

I expected Recuva to populate into All Programs for my user accounts. If my memory serves me...My install of CCleaner & Defraggler populated to my user accounts ~ All Programs / Desktop Icon / Start Menu Icon. & Recuva did not. Recuva only populated into the user account All Programs in the user account it was installed.

Question: Should I install Recuva in/for each user account.

I may access recuva.exe from C:\Programs Files and I may pin recuva.exe to my other user account Start menu's.

Question: Is Recuva in anyway user account specific and to function optimally should I install Recuva in/for each user account.

Thanks for your time and interest in my issue

Regards

bjm

Question: Should I install Recuva in/for each user account.

No; you can't. Just copy the program shortcut to the All Users menu :)

(Not sure how it behaves under non-admin accounts though ... I'm presuming it behaves normally)

• 2 weeks later...
No; you can't. Just copy the program shortcut to the All Users menu :)

(Not sure how it behaves under non-admin accounts though ... I'm presuming it behaves normally)

Thank you marmite

My apology for long reply time...as I am subscribed by default ...I was expecting email notice of your message...no email as I recall....only just found my original post and your message....thanks

re > Just copy the program shortcut to the All Users menu.....Do you follow same install process for CCleaner and Defraggler (presuming you use both). I have both populated to each user account All Programs & Program Start menu. I think my install for CC and Defr rendered and populated to all my user accounts. So, I was expecting same experience with Recuvia. Comments ? Suggestions ? Opinions ?

Regards

bjm

No worries :)

Yep you can just install as normal and copy the shortcut to All Users if required. All of my Piriform products installed to my own user.

If you download this simple, freestanding start-up tool ... http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml ... you can easily see where your shortcuts are and move them between start-up locations.