Cleaning ONLY for a single Firefox profile?

Lburger

Hi,

I'm considering using CCleaner to keep my web browsing anon, but I'd only like to do it at certain times. For the majority of the time, I'd like to keep things as they are set up now (with all my cookies, etc...).

If I set up a new Profile in Firefox and install CCleaner, will using it clean only the profile in Firefox I'm using at the time or for all Profiles?

Thanks for the help.

• Moderators

Hi Lburger, and welcome to Piriform.

I didn't even know about that feature in Firefox, so I've been doing a wee bit of research on it.

Firefox Profile Tutorial:

You'd think the word "Profile" would have given me a clue, but being a single user I've never given it a thought.

However, it seems you can store the new Profile anywhere you want, so the new one, or any number of new Profiles, won't be touched by CCleaner.

As far as I can tell, whichever Profile you're using, only the original default location Profile will be cleaned, which I believe is:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.

Thanks Dennis. I appreciate the help.

Hmmm... Looks like what you describe is the exact opposite of what I need (let me know if I'm misinterpreting).

Hi Lburger, and welcome to Piriform.

I didn't even know about that feature in Firefox, so I've been doing a wee bit of research on it.

Firefox Profile Tutorial:

You'd think the word "Profile" would have given me a clue, but being a single user I've never given it a thought.

However, it seems you can store the new Profile anywhere you want, so the new one, or any number of new Profiles, won't be touched by CCleaner.

As far as I can tell, whichever Profile you're using, only the original default location Profile will be cleaned, which I believe is:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.

Hi,

I'm considering using CCleaner to keep my web browsing anon, but I'd only like to do it at certain times. For the majority of the time, I'd like to keep things as they are set up now (with all my cookies, etc...).

If I set up a new Profile in Firefox and install CCleaner, will using it clean only the profile in Firefox I'm using at the time or for all Profiles?

Thanks for the help.

why not just use private browsing?

No fate but what we make

• Moderators
Thanks Dennis. I appreciate the help.

Hmmm... Looks like what you describe is the exact opposite of what I need (let me know if I'm misinterpreting).

You're reading it right, it's the opposite to what you want, but ident's suggestion sounds like it would fit your needs.