Please Help Me.

peter19

I apologise if this has been asked before or the answer is written elsewhere.

I have been advised to clean my PC as it was running slowly and CCleaner was suggested. I have already downloaded and installed the programme and on the first run I have a screen showing a list of files in various placed that need to be deleted. I cannot however find a button to click on to delete them.

Can someone please help and tell me what to do next.

Sorry to be a thickie but my PC knowledge can be written on that back of a postage stamp.

Peter.

Swansea.

• Moderators

Hi Peter, and welcome to Piriform.

You just select either the "Analyze" button to check what's gonna be deleted, or the "Run CCleaner" button to delete everything.

BIj5as.png

If you run the Registry "Issues" feature, make sure you follow the dialogue to make a backup, but for now I would stick with the temp files cleaner.

Post back if you have any more queries.

EDIT: Check out the documents (guides) from the link in my signature.

Here is a full list of CC options that you may or may not wart to tick for deletion.

Be very careful deleting files in the registry.

If you do not know what it does never delete it, not until you know exactly what that file does.

CC is a great tool but you should use extreme caution regarding the deletion of files until you know what all of the features you want to use in CC do.

Never delete if you are tired because that is where most PC disasters happen.

Read it before you delete it, if you can’t read it you must be tired so off to bed and the PC can wait until the morning when you are fresh.

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/ccleaner...-explorer-files