CCleaner Windows 7 Bugs

Nemix

First off I'd like to say hello to everyone in the forum, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.

I've been using CCleaner since XP in 2005 and have been ever since.

In my opinion it's the best and safest cleaner out there, all this and it's free! WOow64! :lol:

System Specs as seen on CCleaner:

CCleaner.com v2.25.1025

MS Windows 7 64-Bit

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 4.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1200 Series

Bugs found in Windows 7:

HKCR\Wow6432Node - Registry entry always shows no matter how many time I clean/delete it, I looked in regedit and seems to be important. Good thing CCleaner doesn't really delete it, it just thinks it's doing it and then shows again in next registry scan. I had to put this one in the exclude list.

HKLM\Software\Auslogics - Registry entry always shows no matter how many time I clean/delete it. CCleaner actually delete this one but Auslogics Registry Defrag recreates the entry after successful registry defrag. I tried to exclude this one but CCleaner will not allows me to do so. Please note: This does the same in Windows XP but in XP I am able to exclude this entry.

Random Crash - Sometimes when clicking on Tools tab to view Uninstall, CCleaner presents a error report and freezes for a moment. The program does not close or stay frozen but the error report does and the Uninstall programs list is empty. I've sent is a report for this one but not too sure if it got through though...

Other information:

Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Retail (All Windows Updates as of November 12, 2009).

Auslogics Registry Defrag v5.5.20.525 (Latest, no new updates).

Hi

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with CCleaner.

1 - What is the "Problem" description for the "HKCR\Wow6432Node" entry?

2 - What is the "Problem" description for the "HKLM\Software\Auslogics" entry? Is it "Obsolete software key"?

Note:We were able to reproduce the problem with the exclusion and have scheduled a fix for next release.

3 - Random Crash

This problem has been reported before but we haven't been able to reproduce.

Can you tell us if this is really random or it happens every time you go to Uninstall Screen?

Can you remember if the problem started after you have installed a specific application?

It would be nice if we could get a list of all the application installed on the machine so we can create the same environment for testing.

Thanks

Hi,

HKCR\Wow6432Node - ActiveX/COM Issue as seen by CCleaner after I deleted my exclusion entry and rescanned to see if the problem is still there.

Unfortunately, I cannot recreate the freeze, no uninstall programs list again. However, I will keep updated if this happens again in the future.

*I've uploaded a snipping capture of the ActiveX/COM Issue as seen on my computer.*

Thanks,

post-33113-1258057998_thumb.jpg

post-33113-1258057998_thumb.jpg