Safe CleanUp problems

medemblik

Hi there,

This is my second topic and I already searched for the same problem I have with the Safe CleanUp tool within CCleaner but can only see topics from around 2007.

Since it is 2009 now, is it?, because since I noticed that this Safe Cleanup tool does not do his work for some reason, nothing is sure for me now. :unsure:

My problem is that when I run the Safe Cleanup tool within CCleaner, and use the Gutman or the single overwrite setting, it seems as if it does its job untill you run the program Recuva (Also of Piriform).

I was mainly interested in overwriting all the stored JPG in the Internet temp files but also any other "rubbish" but RECUVA restores everything in the previous state (before overwriting).

My settings within Ccleaner are on Default (with the exception of Windows logfiles within WINDOWS - SYSTEM)

Does anybody know whats going on here? Does this Safe Cleanup tool still doesn't work like the remarks in 2007?

Am I doing something wrong f.e. wrong or incomplete settings? :(

Any answer would be appreciated!

Hi there,

This is my first topic and I already searched for the same problem I have with the Safe CleanUp tool within CCleaner but can only see topics from around 2007.

Since it is 2009 now, is it?, because since I noticed that this Safe Cleanup tool does not do his work for some reason, nothing is sure for me now. :unsure:

My problem is that when I run the Safe Cleanup tool within CCleaner, and use the Gutman or the single overwrite setting, it seems as if it does its job untill you run the program Recuva (Also of Piriform).

I was mainly interested in deleting all the stored JPG in the Internet temp files but also any other "rubbish" but RECUVA restores everything I wanted to get rid of.

My settings within Ccleaner are on Default (with the exception of Windows logfiles within WINDOWS - SYSTEM)

Does anybody know whats going on here? Does this Safe Cleanup tool still doesn't work like the remarks in 2007?

Am I doing something wrong f.e. wrong or incomplete settings? :(

Any answer would be appreciated!

i'm having the same problem, i did a wipe with the Gutman wipe, checked with Recuva... and all the files were still there... then did a wipe white space, took about half an hour... and when i opened up Recuva, they were all still there?

it kind of defeats the purpose of the cleaner.