Add a Registry line 4 Ccleaner to clean in th INI file?

Gandallph

I use some older software With Vista 32bit (not all the time), the software adds lines to the registry (that are not needed) or can be removed when I am done. In a SIMPLE EXAMPLE. how / can I add this line (one of many) to Ccleaners INI file for removal?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\OpenWithList\Vista32

also can I Grant CcCleaner to have full control of a registry key / Take ownership of a registry key for removal if needed?

I am not an HIGH KNOWLAGE in computer commands, But I can manage a few simple things.

Any suggestions?

It is safe to let CCleaner remove the keys that it found by ifself. I don't think you should remove any other keys. The key you mention should stay. Also there's a safety net. CCleaner will backup the registry so that you can reverse the removal. And as always there is system restore should all else fail. Which it won't.

But why not let Microsoft remove obsolete Microsoft keys? Windows knows best as they say. Microsoft run a free online scanner that can remove malware, crab files, obsolete registry keys, defragment and more. You can get it all if you go for a full scan. OneCare has hidden talents because only Microsoft knows what keys are genuinely obsolete. So don't be surprised if the scanner finds several hundred the first time: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

CCleaner and the free OneCare online are the only 2 safe regclearners this planet has.

It is safe to let CCleaner remove the keys that it found by ifself. I don't think you should remove any other keys. The key you mention should stay. Also there's a safety net. CCleaner will backup the registry so that you can reverse the removal. And as always there is system restore should all else fail. Which it won't.

But why not let Microsoft remove obsolete Microsoft keys? Windows knows best as they say. Microsoft run a free online scanner that can remove malware, crab files, obsolete registry keys, defragment and more. You can get it all if you go for a full scan. OneCare has hidden talents because only Microsoft knows what keys are genuinely obsolete. So don't be surprised if the scanner finds several hundred the first time: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

CCleaner and the free OneCare online are the only 2 safe regclearners this planet has.

cleanup scanner works but refuses to remove some keys (just like ccleaner) Rather then doing it the old fashion way I thought I could do it with ccleaner. Oh I also know about taking control and ownership ect of keys that?s how I have been doing it. It would of been nice to just adjust ccleaner.

Some of the keys if not removed sometimes over rides other software settings that?s why I remove them.

But Thank's for the advice.