CCleaner

gringopig

Hi there. I've encountered a bug in the latest build v2.24.1010 on upgrading in Win7 RC1 x64

The start menu icon is missing and a blank generic one is seen instead. I update 'over the top' and have not seen this happen but for the last update from 2.23.999 to 2.24.1010.

I can upgrade the older build over the top and the start menu icon comes back. It is not pinned but is populating the start menu as a commonly used program.

Any ideas?

Please check the image to the right in the first post in this thread. Is that what you have also? Link: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=24587&hl=

Note: the image is about Defraggler:

If so I think this confirms that there is a GUI bug in 2 or more of the products and Piriform's staff will probably fix it in the next updates. It seems to be a Windows 7 thing?

Please check the image to the right in the first post in this thread. Is that what you have also? Link: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=24587&hl=

Note: the image is about Defraggler:

If so I think this confirms that there is a GUI bug in 2 or more of the products and Piriform's staff will probably fix it in the next updates. It seems to be a Windows 7 thing?

That's the same thing. The icon just disappears from the start menu list, leaving that self-same blank icon. It goes from all Windows functions which require an icon. I was going to leave a link to a screenshot of the fault, so I re-installed v2.24.1010 just as before to get it and, what would you know?

The icon is OK.

How irritating.

I'll keep an eye on it just in case it goes walkies but I didn't do anything special this time and I had repeated the exercise numerous times to confirm the fault: going back and forward from v2.23.999 to v2.24.1010 and back to prove to myself that I wasn't doing something stupid. I probably didn't reboot however.

Cheers...