Quickbooks login problems

cammie

I can t log into quickbooks online edition since using CCleaner. I would not have even used it except a business associate recommended I download it after her e mail account was hacked.

PLease help me here.

CCleaner has no control over how you log into a site.

Does the site give you any error message?

No fate but what we make

Are users required to have a Verisign or a TRUSTe account in order to use QuickBooks Online? In that event you might need to sign in there first. In order to prevent it from happening again you'll need to save the cookies from Verisign, TRUSTe and QuickBooks Online. That is done inside CCleaner -> Options -> Cookies -> move the cookies to "Cookies to keep".

In order for CCleaner to be able to list the cookies, you'll need to visit the sites first. And also log in before saving the cookies in CCleaner. Thet way you'll be able to find them all (site cookies as well as login cookies) listed in CCleaner.

Your business associate did right in recommending CCleaner. It's the safest cleaning tool this planet has.

Are users required to have a Verisign or a TRUSTe account in order to use QuickBooks Online? In that event you might need to sign in there first. In order to prevent it from happening again you'll need to save the cookies from Verisign, TRUSTe and QuickBooks Online. That is done inside CCleaner -> Options -> Cookies -> move the cookies to "Cookies to keep".

In order for CCleaner to be able to list the cookies, you'll need to visit the sites first. And also log in before saving the cookies in CCleaner. Thet way you'll be able to find them all (site cookies as well as login cookies) listed in CCleaner.

Your business associate did right in recommending CCleaner. It's the safest cleaning tool this planet has.

I know quickbooks is a verisign secured site. But i have never had to sign in/have another account with verisign, or TRUSTe. As far as the cookies go, since the cookies are already deleted and i cant log in...well i guess i just dont know where to go from here.

thanks for your help, i appreciate

Are you sure that you have cookies enabled in your browser? It is necessary to check. It sounds like fantasy that preferences can jump out of settings by themselves but it happens. In IE: Tools -> Internet options -> Privacy -> Advanced. You should have a check mark in Accept and Always allow session cookies.

Do you have other browsers installed that you can try? This is most likely not related to CCleaner. The timing is coincidental.

Also go to the email that you received when you first registered at QuickBooks Online site. Click the confirmation link again. Then try login.

It could also be QuickBooks Online that are experiencing issues. Have you contacted them by email?

And remember to transfer all QuickBooks Online/TRUSTe/Verisign/ related cookies to the Cookies to keep section i CCleaner once you're in.

Are you sure that you have cookies enabled in your browser? It is necessary to check. It sounds like fantasy that preferences can jump out of settings by themselves but it happens. In IE: Tools -> Internet options -> Privacy -> Advanced. You should have a check mark in Accept and Always allow session cookies.

Do you have other browsers installed that you can try? This is most likely not related to CCleaner. The timing is coincidental.

Also go to the email that you received when you first registered at QuickBooks Online site. Click the confirmation link again. Then try login.

It could also be QuickBooks Online that are experiencing issues. Have you contacted them by email?

And remember to transfer all QuickBooks Online/TRUSTe/Verisign/ related cookies to the Cookies to keep section i CCleaner once you're in.

Cookies were not enables in my browser but changing that hasnt helped. QB support doesnt open till tomorrow so i will discuss with them then. Thanks so much for your help, i really appreciate it and it helped me to understand a bit better. Quickbooks Online Edition doesnt work with all browsers, for instance mozilla....

Thanks again!

yes it says my login name was not found......

Every one seems to be missing this bit. If the web site is returning that your login name was not found then have you tryed resetting your details?

No fate but what we make