CCleaner 2.23.999 not cleaning Firefox internet cache

Red Cardinal

Greetings!

Hoping to get some assistance with a little problem I've encountered. - Just installed CCleaner 2.23.999 on a new PC running Vista 64 and with Firefox 3.5.2 installed. Unfortunately, CCleaner isn't picking up the Firefox Internet Cache properly.

If I run CCleaner without Firefox running (as you do...) the Analysis result doesn't have a listing shown for Firefox Internet Cache at all, it doesn't appear. (Firefox Download history and cookies do appear). However, if I run CCleaner whilst Firefox is running and run Analysis I get the normal message "You must close Firefox/Mozilla to allow the Internet Cache to be cleaned. Otherwise this process will be skipped" and the Analysis result does show an entry for Firefox Internet Cache but at 0K file size (along with Download History but no listing for cookies... <_< )

What's going wrong? :unsure:

somehow similar problem here: ccleaner won't show and won't delete any internet cache files of firefox when not using the standard path (see Browser.cache.disk.parent_directory) after a reboot.

not working in ccleaner 2.19.901, 2.23.993 and 2.23.999.

not on win xp, not on vista.

i'm using firefox 3.0.1x.

reinstalling firefox or ccleaner didn't help.

everything's patched and up to date.

any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

last try...:

i just can't believe that this bug hasn't come up before and that there's no solution for this - i think moving the temporary files to another place is one of the most common things to do with firefox...? and it shouldn't be that much of a problem for CCleaner to check this setting. :unsure:

• Moderators

I think you'd need some input from one of the devs on this one.

I had a similar discussion on here recently as to whether CCleaner should or could pick up temp files in a non default location, so I'm refraining from commenting on that one until it's confirmed one way or the other by someone who would know for sure.

If any of the other members can be more definitive, I'm sure they will. If not, one of the developers may offer some positive input.