Tools Page Doesn't Auto-Refresh After Uninstalling Software

Solstice

I recently noticed that when I uninstall some software via the tools page in ccleaner, it doesn't auto refresh the page after the un-installation has completed, so that the name of the software no longer appears in the list.

Im sure it used to do this?

Now I have to close and re-open ccleaner to make sure the un-installed software is no longer on the list.

I've tried re-installing ccleaner but it's still the same :(

anything I can do to fix this or is it a bug that will be fixed in the next update? (Im using latest version)

Many Thanks

I recently noticed that when I uninstall some software via the tools page in ccleaner, it doesn't auto refresh the page after the un-installation has completed, so that the name of the software no longer appears in the list.

Im sure it used to do this?

Now I have to close and re-open ccleaner to make sure the un-installed software is no longer on the list.

I've tried re-installing ccleaner but it's still the same :(

anything I can do to fix this or is it a bug that will be fixed in the next update? (Im using latest version)

Many Thanks

This is happening to me too. I'm using the latest version, and the previous version did the same thing. The release email for the latest version said "Fixed bug when deleting an application in Uninstall Tool.", but it must have been some other bug because this one is still broke.

• Moderators

Hi guys.

This isn't something I can check without uninstalling something, but the devs will read your posts, and if any of the members have recently carried out an uninstall using CCleaner, I'm sure they'll contribute an opinion.

I can't imagine it ever did refresh. How is it meant to know when the uninstallation has finished with out monitoring the uninstaller? All ccleaner does is run the applications uninstaller.

It could (maybe) remove the entry once activated the uninstaller but then if the uninstallation errored the entry would be gone and ccleaner would have to reget the installed applications.

edit- i have just run the uninstaller in ccleaner and it does monitor the uninstaller which im impressed with. so not much help here as it works fine this end.

No fate but what we make

as i have said above "i have just run the uninstaller in ccleaner and it does monitor the uninstaller which im impressed with. so not much help here as it works fine this end." It does remove the entry apon start of uninstallation.

Only mod or admin can help you here

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

This mod can't tell you anything different I'm afraid. I found something surplus to requirements and uninstalled it.

The CCleaner window immediately refreshed and cleared the program name.

I'm using XP SP3, and as you haven't mentioned your Operating Systems, I'm thinking you may be Vista or Windows 7?

This mod can't tell you anything different I'm afraid. I found something surplus to requirements and uninstalled it.

The CCleaner window immediately refreshed and cleared the program name.

I'm using XP SP3, and as you haven't mentioned your Operating Systems, I'm thinking you may be Vista or Windows 7?

Im on XP SP3 too..I just un-installed and installed the latest version but its still not auto refreshing when I un-install something.

The Add or remove programs page of windows does auto refresh..

Can anyone tell me more about how ccleaner auto refreshes the page? maybe that will help me find out why its not doing it for me..

eg. does it use a java script? because I dont have java installed.

• Moderators

I don't have java installed either, and I don't have that problem, although you don't need java to have javascript. The two are distant cousins only I believe.

The devs will read these posts, and if they can find a solution I'm sure it will be included in a future version, and in the meantime, if any of the other members can shed some light, I'm sure they will.