A Couple of Suggestions

I'm not sure if these are already in CCleaner, I'm sorry if they are. I would like to suggest:

1. Delete any index (1).dat, index (2).dat, index (3).dat, etc.

2. Delete any empty New Folder, New Folder (1), etc.

3. Leave Internet History, Autocomplete Form History, Cookies, Recently Typed URLs, and maybe Last Download Location OFF by default. Most people don't want to loose all this information. Make sure the same is done for Firefox

4. If three sounds unreasonable, provide install command-line options, or a setup config file that will define which options are on/off by default on the first run.

I'm not sure if these are already in CCleaner, I'm sorry if they are. I would like to suggest:

1. Delete any index (1).dat, index (2).dat, index (3).dat, etc.

2. Delete any empty New Folder, New Folder (1), etc.

3. Leave Internet History, Autocomplete Form History, Cookies, Recently Typed URLs, and maybe Last Download Location OFF by default. Most people don't want to loose all this information. Make sure the same is done for Firefox

4. If three sounds unreasonable, provide install command-line options, or a setup config file that will define which options are on/off by default on the first run.

1) CCleaner does this on reboot since it cannot when windows is using them and has them locked. Windows creates blank new index files however.

2) New folders are annoying, but deleting them all would risk that someone actually has something in them. A friend of mine uses them for dvd vids for example.

3) You can uncheck these, then select for CCleaner to save all options to a .ini file. Copy the folder to a flash drive to use portably.

4. See #3