how to set CCleaner?

faceless

Hi all, i have a question & sincerely hope somebody can help.

I used to clean my PC with all checkboxes of system, applications & registry checked. but this way after every reboot I?m completely loosing quick launch menu. please advise which single parameter I have to uncheck in order to keep quick launch & it's order. thanks & keep make the world clearer :)

• Moderators

Hi faceless, and welcome to the forum.

It's a long time since I've seen a post referring to the problem you have. This is the most recent example I can find, so it's an unusual one, and I don't get that happening on my XP system.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...amp;#entry52056

Try unchecking everything in the Windows "Advanced" section of CCleaner and see how that goes. Next step could be trying unchecking items in "Windows Explorer", maybe "Other Explorer MRUs" as mentioned in that other thread. Just a simple process of elimination.

Sorry I can't be more definitive than that, but maybe one of the other guys has experienced this problem, and if so I'm sure they'll jump in.

Hope that helps.

I'm not sure it has to do with CCleaner but I used to have Quick Launch active on my Toolbar automatically on this XP Pro system but now I have to enable it.

I did find a reg fix at one time but I can't find the correct one now and the search leads me to a small shareware utility TaskbarRepairToolPlus!.exe that indicates it will fix it.

It is active on my XP Home system and I can't see the difference in the registry area on this system.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user