Selecting Custom Files and Folders

JasonM

Hi to all in this forum,

i am a newby and found CCleaner today, i appreciate this tool very much!

Now i wonder, why i cannot select multiple files at "Advanced - Custom Files and Folders" via pressing the Ctrl-key or the Shift-key!?!

In other tools it is possible to do this and i think it is Windows' standard keyboard layout, so why i can't do it in CCleaner?

Thanks for help

:unsure:

• Moderators

Hi Jason, and welcome to the forum.

The "Advanced-Custom Files And Folders" section of CCleaner is simply a check box which enables you to use the "Options > Include > Folders and/or files section.

It's only possible to use this feature of CCleaner by individually selecting custom folders or files to be cleaned. If there were a multiple select feature, it would be easy for an unwary user to inadvertently select folders or files (including subfolders) they didn't intend to select, which could result in valuable data being removed and lost.

Of course once you've set up your custom files and folders parameters, you don't have to do it again unless you need to change something.

As far as I'm aware, that's the reason for it.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dennis,

thx for your reply. The function is ok for selecting folders, but sometimes there are only files to be selected, not to delete all files in the same folder. at least multi-selection by holding the ctrl-key would have been helpfull in CCleaner. but i am getting used to working with the tool the way it is right now.

;)

cheers

• Moderators

I know exactly what you mean Jason. Maybe this is a feature other people would like, as individually selecting only certain files from a folder is time consuming.

However, I'm pleased to hear you've got it sussed as it is.