Is CCleaner compatible with Norton Anti-virus

Etta

Can anyone let me know if this cleaner goes okay with the Norton Anti-virus programme. Downloaded CCleaner about 4 days ago, did a good scan and got rid of about 800mb of cookies etc which go back a number of years. Then slowly my computer started to go slower and slower until started freezing. Thought it could be this programme as my computer was not like this until I installed the CCleaner. But now I am wondering if it could have been the Norton Anti-virus programme as I have heard some bad comments about Nortons and a lot of people wont have Nortons on their computer. Help would be very much appreciated please.

Which OS? Which version of NAV?

Over the past couple of years, I've run various versions of CCleaner regularly on various PC's with Windows XP and Norton Internet Security (which includes NAV) versions 2007 and 2008 without any problems.

I had some problems with a machine running Windows XP and NIS 2006 but they didn't appear to be caused by CCleaner. As soon as I described the problem, Symantec sent me a free upgrade to NIS 2007.