Deleting Prefetch Files

Sticky Nickels

This is what I have been told to Delete to keep Bugs & Spy's from my PC.

All Prefetch files

The Auto clear private data pop up thing.

C;\,Documents and settings\ my name file\local setting\ temp. And to delete all in that Temp file.

But I have stoped doing that because I now have missing files.

The biggest problem I am having is if I place a fire fox Icon on my desktop from a downloaded link I have saved.

When I go to click on that Icon it cant find that link, I get an error popup.

So should I be removing these files.

Or should I let CCleaner remove them for me.

post-16912-1194205401_thumb.jpg

post-16912-1194205450_thumb.jpg

post-16912-1194205401_thumb.jpg

post-16912-1194205450_thumb.jpg

Cleanedtemps2910207.docCleanedtemps2910207.docCleanedtemps2910207.docCleanedtemps2910207.doc

[/b] Had similar problem with temp files not being deleted by CCleaner (amounting to sth like 1.6GB _which i believe appeared after or around the time I installed/downloaded Windows Defender, but may have nothing to do with it.

In the end with the help of Explorer checking on Documents and Settings within my own section (administrator setting _my name as for you) found lots of temp files left there after unwrapping and donwload, also photos and music that I had on my C:\drive at one time but removed to E:\drive

I deleted by hand one by one (a little time consuming _lots of finger work) these temp files which were now heavily weighing down my computer speed and functioning.

Having done so, all now appears to be well. Have removed some 1.5GB Only left a very few temp style files there which i shall also remove one by one. I kept doing this in batches and then using CCleaner to empty the bin. In this way I felt I could restore some 'temp' if need be.

The attachments should give you an idea of the type of files I removed from my computer>

Regards Harry :)

N.B. I put all my photos on CD.

P.S. I tried to attach three different documents to illustrate the point right onto detail, including the post defragmenation report showing a clean bill of health and back to normal. GOOD LUCK. CCleaner is a good tool name='Sticky Nickels' date='Nov 4 2007, 07:42 PM' post='88942']

This is what I have been told to Delete to keep Bugs & Spy's from my PC.

All Prefetch files

The Auto clear private data pop up thing.

C;\,Documents and settings\ my name file\local setting\ temp. And to delete all in that Temp file.

But I have stoped doing that because I now have missing files.

The biggest problem I am having is if I place a fire fox Icon on my desktop from a downloaded link I have saved.

When I go to click on that Icon it cant find that link, I get an error popup.

So should I be removing these files.

Or should I let CCleaner remove them for me.

061107VolumeCdefragged.txt

ANALYSECOMPLEET051107.doc

Cleanedtemps2910207.doc

061107VolumeCdefragged.txt

ANALYSECOMPLEET051107.doc