Cleaning Multiple Users

powlaz

I am a long time fan of CCleaner save one little feature . . . its flexibility where cleaning is concerned. I set CCleaner up on a family member's PC and learned the hard way (this was a long time ago) that scheduled tasks in Windows only run under the user account that they are created for.

I am once again outfitting a computer for this family and did not want to make the mistake I did last time by scheduling CCleaner to run under the parent's account while the kids accounts quietly collect loads of junk and eventually cripple the computer.

I find it frustrating that no progress has been made with the scheduling feature in CCleaner. I searched the forums and could not find a thread with a request like mine. I can't afford to have CCleaner /AUTO clean each user account at startup because startup is already demanding. I would prefer CCleaner to run at an "off" time when it can "have the floor" to do its thing. This is how I schedule antivirus, antispyware, and defragmentation routines as well.

I realize CCleaner has a very small footprint but I prefer maintenance programs to run after hours, not when the user is just sitting down to the computer.

I don't think the answer is to improve the scheduling feature of CCleaner but to have it clean every user's account in the cleaning process. This would be an invaluable addition to the software. I read several posts in which arguments were made against this idea so I believe offering this as a Settings option would make everyone happy.

I won't give up on CCleaner - I like it too much. But I have gone looking for cleaners that will hit every user's junk to minimize how much setup I have to do.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Po

• 1 month later...

Po:

I had a similar concern with using Scheduled Tasks with CCleaner. It cleaned up my stuff but a lot remained from other family members. I was able to resolve the problem by creating multiple Scheduled Tasks. First, other users on the machine are "limited" users. I asked them to each create a password for their respective user accounts. We then created a Scheduled Task under each of their accounts. Now the entire PC is cleaned every day.

Minimal inconvenience; great results!

Hope this helps. -SA Jack