Text corruption on main screen in 2.29.1111

MGarrett

After installing the new CCleaner2.29.1111 on top of the old 2.28, I see what looks like font or screen corruption on the list of items to scan. It is almost like the text is displayed overlapping itself. See the image attached for a screenshot. The program otherwise works fine, but the text is difficult to read.

CCleaner 2.28 looked fine. The bug appeared immediately after installing 2.29.1111, and persists after a reboot.

This is Windows XP SP3, and I have DPI set to normal (96).

post-35848-1267206716_thumb.jpg

Marmite,

I'm not sure if it is the same issue, but they could be related. The font size is a little bigger in 2.29, but the other post doesn't mention anything about the text being wonky. It could very well be two different problems that have the same root cause.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same bug; running XP3 with DPI set to 96 (normal). On my display the error is slightly different: it's as if the bottom pixels of each letter have dropped down and collected in a line so it sort of looks like Morse code running under each entry. If I right click the text, it highlights in gray and the text switches to the proper view. This all appeared immediately after installing 2.29.1111. Reinstalling doesn't help.

I also have another machine running Win 7: everything looks fine with 2.29.1111

Hope this adds some clues.

Thanks in advance

...Have also the same bug; running Vista Business with DPI set to 96 (normal). On my display the error is exactly the same as on the picture from first post....

....some lines are gray, others black....

Any solutions by now? ... new revision?

Thanx

Wolfgang