Odd "Unknown" album in Windows Media Player library

Matt_

This just appeared a few days ago without any reason that I am aware of. I tried deleting it from the library but it does not work. Any help would be appreciated, even if the problem could be considered benign. The song file is named "0" and everything else is marked as "Unknown" (ie: "Unknown artist, album, etc)

gcs001fc3.th.jpg

• Moderators

There is a mention here about ripping and 0 bytes

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofive...php/t53285.html

Andavari frequents that forum so if he sees this post he may be able to help.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

This is actually the first I've heard of having a 0 bytes album. I don't use WMP11, however I know how to completely kill the WMP10 library.

Warning this will cause you to have to completely rebuild the library in WMP, it however will NOT touch any of your music files (this is of course a CCleaner winapp2.ini add-on):

[Windows Media Player (Flush Library)]; This doesn't delete your music or videos, it only; removes the list in the WMP Library so that it can; quickly, and instantly be cleaned for later; rebuilding.;; Warning: Only enable this cleaner when it's needed,; then immediately disable it to avoid having to; constantly rebuild the WMP Library which can take many; minutes or longer with large music and video collections.LangSecRef=3023Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\PlayerDefault=FalseFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player|*.wmdb

Edit: The above cleaner works with WMP10, I have no idea if it works in WMP11 though.

• Moderators
Wow Andavari, this worked perfectly.

Thank you very much !

You're welcome! Just remember to disable that cleaner though, unless you wish to rebuild the library after each running of CCleaner!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Is no possible way of getting rid of it without having to rebuild my library, its taken me ages to get it organised?

There isn't another way that I know of, I also don't know if those .wmdb files are even editable - I suspect they aren't. "If deleting the library is the only current solution," I'd recommend allowing it to build overnight whilst you sleep.

• 1 year later...