Content.IE5 not emptying properly

JDPower

I've just noticed when analysing CCleaner is still showing temp internet files from three days. I run CCleaner and everythings cleaned, then analyse and these IE5 files are still there, and they are still there when I restart (computers been restarted several times since visiting the sites showing in IE5)

The actual files are showing as 0 bytes but they don't seem to be getting removed. I've only noticed this with the recent version but could have been happening before as I rarely use analyse.

Any suggestions whats going on?

I've just noticed when analysing CCleaner is still showing temp internet files from three days. I run CCleaner and everythings cleaned, then analyse and these IE5 files are still there, and they are still there when I restart (computers been restarted several times since visiting the sites showing in IE5)

The actual files are showing as 0 bytes but they don't seem to be getting removed. I've only noticed this with the recent version but could have been happening before as I rarely use analyse.

The exact same thing you described is doing same on my computers running 1.39.502. I think this version is loaded with bugs and problems. Have had excellent results with previous versions but not happy at all with latest version. This really should not have been released. My WindowUpdate log is all messed up as well. Hope next version is tested better then this one. :angry:

I just put 1.39.502 back in my computer and did some more experimenting. The problem I have been having are coming from having check mark besides Windows Log Files under system. And when I took check mark away my problem was solved until next release where hopefully I can put check mark back on. But your problem will not happen if you take check mark away on windows log files under system. All files are deleted this way even using analyze after running cleaner.

Strange behaviour... :unsure:

All my Internet Cache is perfectly cleaned, included Content.IE5 folders and zero-byte files,

but index.dat files aren't detected, as said in the thread below. May you please try to do an

Analyze having only the "Delete index.dat files" entry checked, and let me know what

happens to you?

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Further testing found on one of my computers running windows xp home edition sp2 that these files showing 0 bytes are still there after running cleaner and clicking analyze. But this is also a problem under system cleaning and if you take check mark away from temporary files you won't see this happening anymore. All my problems are coming from cleaning under system in 1.39.502 version.

Further testing found on one of my computers running windows xp home edition sp2 that these files showing 0 bytes are still there after running cleaner and clicking analyze. But this is also a problem under system cleaning and if you take check mark away from temporary files you won't see this happening anymore. All my problems are coming from cleaning under system in 1.39.502 version.

Currently my only problem is with index.dat files.

After Cleaning, Analyze doesn't show nothing left undeleted, except this entry

C:\WINDOWS\Debug\UserMode\userenv.log 154 bytes

IMO this is a log file that Windows recreate immediately, so it isn't a CCleaner fault.

Currently my only problem is with index.dat files.

After Cleaning, Analyze doesn't show nothing left undeleted, except this entry

C:\WINDOWS\Debug\UserMode\userenv.log 154 bytes

IMO this is a log file that Windows recreate immediately, so it isn't a CCleaner fault.

Whiteshark are you saying that after you run CCleaner 1.39.502 with check mark beside windows log files under system that your WindowsUpdate log is not scrambled and unreadable under Windows in your main hard drive directory? Mine was changed from ANSI to UNICODE in the encoding section of my Notepad. :angry:

Whiteshark are you saying that after you run CCleaner 1.39.502 with check mark beside windows log files under system that your WindowsUpdate log is not scrambled and unreadable under Windows in your main hard drive directory? Mine was changed from ANSI to UNICODE in the encoding section of my Notepad. :angry:

I run CCleaner with everything checked (except menu order cache, this is my choice)

and all seems working fine here. The only "bug" i have noticed at this moment, as said

before, is that it doesn't detect/delete the index.dat files. Please tell me what is exactly

the filename of this WindowsUpdate log, and where is located. Ill'try to find/read it.

:unsure:

I run CCleaner with everything checked (except menu order cache, this is my choice)

and all seems working fine here. The only "bug" i have noticed at this moment, as said

before, is that it doesn't detect/delete the index.dat files. Please tell me what is exactly

the filename of this WindowsUpdate log, and where is located. Ill'try to find/read it.

:unsure:

Founded C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log

It can be opened and readed in Notepad with no problems here.

:mellow:

Strange behaviour... :unsure:

All my Internet Cache is perfectly cleaned, included Content.IE5 folders and zero-byte files,

but index.dat files aren't detected, as said in the thread below. May you please try to do an

Analyze having only the "Delete index.dat files" entry checked, and let me know what

happens to you?

But its not an index.dat issue, the IE5 entries are in temp internet files. If I analyse with index.dat checked they are not found, if I tick temp internet files and analyse those same files from several days ago are still found.

And Big J, please don't confuse this thread by adding to it with your issue describing it as 'exactly the same' when your issue is completely different and has its own thread for discussion.

But its not an index.dat issue, the IE5 entries are in temp internet files. If I analyse with index.dat checked they are not found, if I tick temp internet files and analyse those same files from several days ago are still found.

And Big J, please don't confuse this thread by adding to it with your issue describing it as 'exactly the same' when your issue is completely different and has its own thread for discussion.

JDPower all I am saying for the problem you are seeing when you analyze after cleaning is done with files showing 0bytes not being deleted is you are saying you see them with temporary internet files checked under internet explorer. But what I am trying to tell you is uncheck the checkmark besides temporary files under system and you should not see them when you analyze after running cleaner. This DOES pertain to the problem you described.

I was just wondering if your index.dat files were still detected/cleaned by CCleaner.

This is a screenshot of an Analyze log taken after a short internet browsing:

analyzene4.th.jpg

As you can see there is no trace of any index.dat file marked for deletion :unsure:

I can now confirm this is just with the new version and only with secure deletion enabled. Just tried the previous CCleaner version and this removed these files and they no longer show in the analyse window. Also disabling secure deletion in the current version also enables the removal of these files.