Erunt/Ngtropt

• Moderators
I have 4% fragmentation, I wonder if there is any point on defragmenting if there is only 2% difference between their recommendation, and the actual state of my registry.

With only 4% I myself wouldn't even bother because it won't be long for the registry to go back to that level.

With only 4% I myself wouldn't even bother because it won't be long for the registry to go back to that level.

Thanks again Andavari.

Eli

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

Thanks again Andavari.

Eli

If you haven't ever defrag your registry, I would defrag that 4%.

After that, you don't basicly have to defrag, unless you remove a lot of stuff from the registry (uninstall a lot of apps, and so on). Some registry entries wil leave more and bigger gaps than others. Registry defrag programs removes those gaps left by removed registry entries and that way compacting the registry.

Edit: This is very important when using registry defrag programs; Reboot your computer right away after defragging, because other wise the registry might get corrupted.

If you haven't ever defrag your registry, I would defrag that 4%.

After that, you don't basicly have to defrag, unless you remove a lot of stuff from the registry (uninstall a lot of apps, and so on). Some registry entries wil leave more and bigger gaps than others. Registry defrag programs removes those gaps left by removed registry entries and that way compacting the registry.

Edit: This is very important when using registry defrag programs; Reboot your computer right away after defragging, because other wise the registry might get corrupted.

Thank you CeeCee.

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version